Simple Creamed Spinach
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
- 2Tbsp butter or other cooking oil with a high smoke point
- 2garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1large bag fresh spinach, chopped (about 10 oz)
- 1/2of a small yellow onion, diced
- 12fl oz heavy cream
- Warm a large saute pan on medium heat and add butter or cooking oil.
- Add onion and garlic and saute over medium-low heat until soft and translucent.
- Add spinach and reduce heat to low.
- Add cream and cook down until sauce is thickened.
Serve alongside grilled steak, roasted chicken, or as part of a holiday turkey plate.
Remember to log optional ingredients separately in your Senza Food Journal.