Sheet Pan Chicken BLT Bowls
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 25 min.
- 1medium chicken breast, approx. 8 oz, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 8oz bacon, cut into pieces
- 1small onion, chopped
- 1medium zucchini, chopped
- 2medium tomatoes, quartered and chopped into pieces
- Salt, pepper, chili flakes, basil, and garlic powder, to taste
- 1-2tsp olive oil
- Optional toppings: Spinach or mixed greens, sliced jalapeno, shredded cheese, avocado, hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper. While the oven is heating, cut the vegetables into thin strips and be sure the chicken is cut into thin strips as well.
- Lay vegetables, bacon, and chicken onto the pan in sections, being sure not to layer the chicken and bacon too much so that everything cooks through. Salt the vegetables generously, and drizzle a little olive oil over the vegetables if you like. You can place the chicken next to the bacon so it can cook in any bacon grease that seeps. Add additional seasoning as desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the meat is done and vegetables are cooked to your liking. Be sure the chicken and bacon are cooked thoroughly.
- Remove from the oven and divide into two portions.
Serve on a bed of spinach or mixed greens, and/or top the zucchini with cheese before baking for a crispy component.
Remember to log optional ingredients separately in your Senza Food Journal.