Fried Eggs & Rustic Uncured Bacon
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 Tbsp butter (enough to coat the bottom of your skillet)
- 1/2 package (4 oz) Rustic Uncured Bacon from Keller Crafted Meats, or similar uncured, thick-sliced brand
- Pre-heat oven to 350 and cover a baking sheet with foil.
- Arrange bacon slices flat on baking sheet, then place in oven 15 minutes, or longer for crispier bacon.
- Heat a large, heavy-bottomed, non-stick or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add butter and swirl.
- Crack the eggs directly into the pan.
- Allow to sizzle for a couple of minutes, then cover the pan to help the eggs cook through evenly.
- Remove from heat when the whites are set and the yolks are the desired consistency.
- Remove bacon from oven when timer goes off.
Try it with 1/2 medium avocado or 1 cup fresh spinach, sauteed in the pan with the eggs, or both!
Remember to log optional ingredients separately in your journal.