Sea Salted Bone-in Chicken Thighs
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 35 min.
- 3lbs. chicken thighs, bone-in/skin-on
- 2Tbsp. stable animal fat that you can brush onto the chicken (bacon drippings, butter/ghee, lard, schmaltz, tallow, etc.)
- 2tsp. high-quality, unrefined sea salt, such as Redmond Real Salt
- Optional: Additional spices, if tolerated, and/or a squeeze of citrus to finish
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cover a large, rimmed baking sheet or casserole dish with parchment or foil for easy clean-up.
- Place thighs on baking sheet or dish, leaving space between each piece for better crisping. Brush all over with cooking fat (or drizzle and use your hand to spread evenly).
- Sprinkle generously with salt.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer hits 165 degrees. Remove and tent with foil until ready to eat.
Serve with additional butter or a dollop of sour cream. Sautee some shrimp on the side for surf & turf.
Remember to log optional ingredients separately in your journal.