Pulled Pork with Asparagus
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 3 hrs.
- 2lbs. pork shoulder (makes extra for Chicharrones recipe)
- 1cup chicken broth
- 12asparagus spears, woody stems removed
- 1Tbsp. olive oil
- Optional: Season pork with any spice mix of your liking
- Season pork shoulder with salt, black pepper and optional spice mix.
- Place pork and broth in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Lower to a simmer, cover and cook for 3 hours or until pork is tender and shreds easily with a fork.
- Adjust pan with more broth if needed during cooking.
- In a large saute pan, warm olive oil over medium high heat and add asparagus.
- Grill in pan until slightly charred, but still firm.
To plate, place pork over a green salad and asparagus, and top with your favorite salsa or dressing.
Remember to log optional ingredients separately in your journal.