Grilled NY Strip with Garlic Thyme Butter & Creamed Spinach
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
- 2NY strip steaks, approx. 8 oz each
- 4Tbsp butter, softened
- 5garlic cloves, peeled and grated
- 2sprigs fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1large bag fresh spinach, chopped (about 10 oz)
- 1small yellow onion, diced
- 1pint heavy cream
- 3Tbsp cooking oil with a high smoke point
- Optional: extra butter, garlic, and herbs for basting
- Remove steak from fridge 30 minutes before cooking. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix softened butter with 1 garlic clove and thyme. Set aside at room temperature.
- Warm a large saute pan on medium heat and add cooking oil. Add onion and remaining garlic and sweat until soft and translucent. Add spinach and sweat slightly. Add cream and cook down until sauce is thickened.
- Season steak with salt and black pepper. Warm a grill pan on medium-high heat and add a touch of cooking oil. Sear steak on each side for approximately 2 minutes. Add a knob of butter, whole garlic cloves, and herbs of your liking at this point if you would like to baste the steak. Place steak on a sheet tray with roasting rack into the preheated oven. Cook until desired wellness is reached and remove from oven. Let rest for 5 minutes.
Slice and serve with flavored butter and creamed spinach. Save half of the spinach for another meal with a freshly cooked steak.
Remember to log optional ingredients separately in your Senza Food Journal.