Crispy Kale Chips
Prep Time: 7 min.
Cook Time: 10-15 min.
- 1large bunch green or red kale, washed and dried
- 2Tbsp melted coconut oil or avocado oil
- 1tsp sea salt
- 1tsp seasoning of choice (black pepper, curry, paprika, chili, garlic, onion)
- Optional: 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- Preheat your oven to 225 F. Use convection setting, if available.
- Rinse and thoroughly dry kale.
- Separate kale leaves from stems and break into small pieces, about 2x2 inches.
- Use your hands to massage oil, spices, and nutritional yeast into kale pieces.
- Spread kale on two baking sheets, making sure to leave space between pieces.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then rotate sheets, flipping and separating pieces as needed to ensure even cooking.
- Bake for another 5-10 minutes or until kale is crispy and golden. Watch closely in the final minutes, as the chips go quickly from crisp to burned.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Sprinkle with additional sea salt before serving.
Enjoy as a side dish or alone as a snack!
Remember to log optional ingredients separately in your journal.