Fresh Herb Frittata Template
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 25 min.
- 2Tbsp butter or ghee
- 1shallot, minced
- 1dozen large eggs
- 1cup shredded cheese
- 2-4Tbsp fresh herbs, minced (parsley, dill, cilantro, basil, thyme)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Optional: 1-2 cups pre-cooked low-carb veggies, chopped (kale, spinach, mushrooms, bell peppers, zucchini, tomato)
- Optional: 1-2 cups minced breakfast meat, such as ham, cooked bacon, sausage
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and melt butter in extra-large, oven-safe skillet.
- Crack eggs into a large bowl and scramble with a whisk or fork. Add herbs (reserving 1/2 tsp for garnish) and optional veggies & meat, if using.
- Pour into hot skillet and reduce heat. Let cook on low for about 10 minutes, until the bottom starts to set.
- Remove skillet from the stove and place in oven. Bake about 15 minutes, or until the top of the frittata is set.
Slice and serve hot, or allow to cool to room temperature. Sprinkle any extra herbs on top, along with a twist of ground pepper and a finishing salt such as Maldon flaked sea salt.
Remember to log optional ingredients separately in your Senza Food Journal.