Monkfruit Sweetened Cranberry Sauce
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 15 min.
- 8oz fresh cranberries
- 1/4cup water
- 1/4cup Lakanto Classic or Powdered monkfruit extract sweetener
- 1/2tsp lemon zest or orange zest
- 1/2tsp orange extract
- 1/4tsp cinnamon
- 1/4tsp nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients into a saucepan and heat over medium.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently and allowing cranberries to pop. The sauce should start to thicken as the cranberries break down.
- Mash berries as needed to achieve desired chunkiness. After about 10 minutes on the stovetop, remove the mixture from heat and let cool. It will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or more before serving.
Serve in a glass bowl alongside your holiday turkey.
Remember to log optional ingredients separately in your journal.