Cauliflower Mashed "Potatoes"
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cook Time: 25 min.
- 20oz frozen cauliflower florets
- 2cloves of garlic, with skins
- 1Tbsp olive oil
- 2Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4cup chicken broth
- 1tsp salt
- Dash of pepper
- Thyme to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Wrap the cloves of unpeeled garlic or put in an oven safe dish and drizzle with olive oil. Cover garlic and roast in oven for about 15 minutes, until soft.
- As garlic cooks, fill a large saucepan with 1/2 inch of water and add the cauliflower. Place on medium-high heat and cover. Cook 10-15 minutes, until soft.
- Scoop cauliflower out of the pan using a slotted spoon (to drain), and transfer to a food processor or high speed blender.
- Squeeze the garlic cloves out of their skins into the processor, and add the stock, butter, salt and pepper. Process well until the texture is smooth and fluffy.
Garnish with thyme and enjoy while hot!
Remember to log optional ingredients separately in your journal.