Butternut Squash & Parsnip Soup
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 25 min.
- 1small onion, diced
- 1cup parsnips, diced
- 1cup butternut squash, cubed
- 3Tbsp butter
- 2cups bone broth or vegetable broth
- 10Tbsp (5.4 oz) coconut cream
- 1tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1tsp fresh sage, minced
- 1tsp fresh thyme, minced
- Nutmeg and salt, to taste
- Optional: crumbled bacon
- In a medium size pot over medium heat sauté onion, parsnips and butternut squash in butter, stirring occasionally.
- Once onions are translucent, add bone or veggie broth, coconut milk and cook until butternut squash can be easily pierced with a fork, about 15 minutes.
- Add fresh herbs and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Blend ingredients with an immersion blender or transfer to a blender.
- Blend until combined and creamy.
Serve with an optional drizzle of cream, fresh herbs and crumbled bacon.
Remember to log optional ingredients separately in your journal.