DIY Breakfast Sausage
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 20 min.
- 2lbs ground pork, pasture-raised
- 2tsp breakfast blend seasoning, such as Primal Palate brand (pink salt, garlic, onion, oregano, cinnamon, turmeric, sage)
- Optional: To tenderize, mix 1/2 tsp baking soda and 1/4 tsp cream of tartar with 1 Tbsp water
- Optional: To sweeten, add 1-2 Tbsp keto-friendly maple-flavored syrup, such as Lakanto brand
- Combine meat, spices, and optional tenderizer/sweetener in a large bowl.
- Mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon, and shape into 16 patties.
- Refrigerate 10 min. to help hold shape when cooking.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add 1 Tbsp oil, and cook patties in batches for about 3 mins per side. Use an instant-read thermometer to check doneness (160 degrees).
- Remove patties to platter and serve with eggs and/or leftover veggies.
- To save time, skip making patties and cook seasoned meat loose in the skillet, breaking up chunks with a fork.
Dip patties in ranch dressing or keto-friendly ketchup.
Remember to log optional ingredients separately in your Senza food journal.